Waiver & Release
The undersigned acknowledges that the premises of facilities of WETRA consist of a working stable, arena, trails, and horse farm, and that the presence of and/or use of equipment and livestock on the premises and in the activities of WETRA creates a risk of property damage and bodily injury including the potential for serious or fatal injury. In particular, equine activities involve inherent risk related to:
- The propensity of any equine to behave in ways that might result in injury harm or death to persons on or around them and to potentially collide with, bite or kick other animals, people or objects;
- The unpredictability of an equines reaction to such things as sounds, sudden movements, tremors, vibrations, unfamiliar objects, persons or other animals and hazards such as subsurface objects ; and
- The potential for other participants to act in a negligent manner that might contribute to injury to themselves or others, such as failing to act within their ability or to maintain their control over an equine.
Accordingly, the undersigned, for and in consideration of being permitted to attend the facilities of WETRA, and/or to observe or participate in activities organized by or utilize services provided by WETRA agrees as follows:
- The undersigned will follow and abide by, and cause all those for whom the undersigned is responsible to follow and abide by all rues, policies, and directions of WETRA that may be provided in printed material, posted on the premises, or verbally or symbolically communicated and disseminated by WETRA from time to time, and agrees that WETRA shall have authority to stop activities and removed any person from the premises who fails to adhere to such rules and policies and directions.
- The undersigned hereby waives and release any claim the undersigned may have against, and agrees to indemnify and save harmless from any claim to anyone for whom the undersigned is responsible for, WETRA in respect of property damage, bodily injury, mental distress and/or death arising by or occasioned out of the acts or omissions of WETRA including, but not limited against any other party who may claim contribution or indemnity from WETRA in respect of any such matter, and shall indemnify and save WETRA harmless from any such claims for contribution or indemnity.
- The undersigned hereby consents to the use and release of photographic images, still or moving, and audio recordings of the undersigned and those for whom the undersigned is responsible while on the premises of WETRA, for purpose of news reports, instructional materials, advertising, publicity and promotion of WETRA and its activities and programs.
- All references herein to WETRA shall be deemed to be references to WETRA, its officers, directors, staff, employees, associates, and their respective successors and assigns.