Apply For Our Programs
- Acute Arthritis
- Acute herniated or prolapsed disc
- Atlanto-axial instabilities
- Coax arthrosis (degeneration of hip joint)
- Structural cranial deficits
- Osteogenesis imperfecta
- Pathological fractures
- Structural Scoliosis >30 degrees, excessive kyphosis or lordosis or hemivertebra
- Spinal Stenosis
- CVA 2nd to unclipped aneurysm or angioma
- Paralysis due to spinal cord injury above T6 (adult)
- Spina bifida associations – Chiari II Malformation, Hydromyelia, Tethered Cord
- Uncontrolled (grand mal) seizures within last 6 month
- Age less than 2 years old
- Age more than 50 years old
- Any condition that the instructor, therapist, physician or program does not feel comfortable treating
- Weight measurement over 170lbs
Cost of Program
Program cost is $50/lesson. Lessons are 45 minutes in length and delivered weekly for a seasonal session of 8 – 12 weeks at a time. Fees for the entire 8 – 12 weeks are collected at the start of each seasonal session. To ensure that finances are not a barrier to participation, WETRA is happy to assist with financial assistance for those who qualify. To view the Low Income Cut-Off for the current year, please click here.
The following application must be completed and submitted along with a completed:
Please note: All contraindications to riding are listed above, as well as on the first pages of the Physician Referral form. Please look over the contraindications carefully before completing the forms as riders with any of the contraindicated diagnosis will not be permitted to ride. Alternative programming will be offered where applicable.
Once the forms are fully completed and submitted to WETRA, we will contact you to set up an intake assessment to confirm the suitability of the program for each individual. Assessments take approximately 45 minutes and involve a discussion regarding goals, history, abilities and needs, followed by a 15–20-minute mounted assessment for the prospective rider.
The cost is $80.00, payable at the time of the appointment.
Using the information from the assessment, and the rider’s availability, we will do our best to place the rider into an appropriate lesson.
WETRA has an ongoing wait list, so please be prepared to wait a few months for an intake appointment. Riding spaces are also limited, especially at popular times such as Saturdays and weekday evenings.